Monday, 8 February 2010

The v-neck sweater

The wintry weather returns to London, and so I'm back in one of my favourite items of clothing; a sleeveless v-neck jumper. Apart from the obvious practical benefit of wearing something warm under your suit jacket, I also love the way it looks.


The gentleman on the right of the above photo appears to be wearing a grey/green v-neck, which looks great under a double-breasted suit jacket. I find that reducing the amount of visible shirt sometimes improves an outfit, especially with a two-button suit, and a v-neck is a nice substitute for a waistcoat. It also has the advantage that it allows you to add a softer texture to your outfit. In fact, I quite like the idea of very bright jumpers underneath suits, but sadly the more interesting colours seem only to be available in the sleeved versions, which are less practical under a jacket.

Most of mine come from T.M.Lewin because I like the fact that they edge of the v-neck is not too thick but, as I said, they're only available in blue, grey, brown and black. If anyone finds a good source of brightly coloured sleeveless v-necks, do let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to disagree, feel free to do so vehemently, but try do do so interestingly. Either way, kindly be polite.

Comments on posts more than 30 days old require moderation, but don't worry your message will appear as soon as I spot and approve it.

Comments that are really advertising or SEO-bait are mostly picked up by the automated spam filter but those that aren't will be deleted as soon as I see them.