Tuesday, 9 March 2010

A silk dressing gown

I seem to have come down with a spring cold, so I am spending the evening in the flat in my dressing gown feeling sorry for myself. This reminds me that I've always hankered after a gown like Bertie Wooster's. (Bertie is a common source of reference for me, you may have noticed, and I'm not ashamed to admit it...)


Bertie owns a lovely silk dressing gown with, and this is what I particularly like, quilted collar and cuffs. Silk dressing gowns themselves can be bought for as little as a couple of hundred pounds, but finding one with the quilting seems much, much harder. To date, I have only seen them in New and Lingwood, where they have some nice looking ones in the window. I daren't think how much they are, but since a cashmere one on the website is nearly nine hundred pounds, I suspect that the silk ones will fall well into that category of 'things that are simply not worth the money for something that cannot possibly be worn outside the home'. A pity, to be sure, since I'm certain one would give me great comfort in this time of illness.

1 comment:

  1. Those gowns go for between 500 and 900 GBP, they come with quilting in two varieties, silk and velvet (though the quilting is not done by hand).

    I have one, well worth it IMHO

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to disagree, feel free to do so vehemently, but try do do so interestingly. Either way, kindly be polite.

Comments on posts more than 30 days old require moderation, but don't worry your message will appear as soon as I spot and approve it.

Comments that are really advertising or SEO-bait are mostly picked up by the automated spam filter but those that aren't will be deleted as soon as I see them.