Friday, 23 April 2010

Summer wear: boat shoes

The weather in the South of England just keeps getting better and, ever optimistic, I am looking forward to a beautiful summer. I'm less good at summer clothes, to be honest, I find it harder to wear temperature-sensible clothes and still look smart.

One item of clothing that I think will be a good purchase this summer is a pair of deck shoes. They may be fairly ubiquitous, but they have the advantage of coming in so many colours and styles that it's not too hard to find a pair that match your particular tastes. From fairly smart brown leather deck shoes that could easily be worn with chinos and a blazer, to suede ones in a variety of colours, which will look great with shorts, there's no shortage of options.
As something I'm likely to wear fairly casually, I quite like the idea of something a bit more interesting than plain brown, and I'm quite attracted to a nice looking pair of blue and white ones from Charles Tyrwhitt. They ought to look nice with shorts, and dark blue jeans. They're probably fairly eye-catching, but that's ok, and they also have a nice summery appeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to disagree, feel free to do so vehemently, but try do do so interestingly. Either way, kindly be polite.

Comments on posts more than 30 days old require moderation, but don't worry your message will appear as soon as I spot and approve it.

Comments that are really advertising or SEO-bait are mostly picked up by the automated spam filter but those that aren't will be deleted as soon as I see them.