Monday, 26 July 2010

Ede & Ravenscroft

Ede & Ravenscroft have had a sale on and I couldn't resist the cream pinpoint shirt reduced to £25. Even at full retail price, Ede & Ravenscroft's shirts are a good deal cheaper than the top end Jermyn Street shirt-makers like New & Lingwood. Perhaps that reflects the fact that E&R are best-known for providing form dress and, in particular, fulfilling the slightly unusual clothing requirements of lawyers, academics and the Peerage.



Still, their shirts are a beautiful step up from TM Lewin or Hawes & Curtis, my usual suppliers. Pinpoint is a tight Oxford weave which creates a lovely rich fabric with a slight lustre and, especially in this summery cream colour, looks great with a blue blazer and cotton trousers.

Aside from shirts and, of course, court dress, Ede & Ravenscroft do a nice range of suits, waistcoats and accessories. Regular readers will recall that my white evening waistcoat came from there, and they stock a decent selection of the sort of clothes that are hard to get elsewhere: tunic shirts, a variety of collars, brown foldable trilbies, and various other well-made and not-unreasonably price odds-and ends.

I must remember to shop there more often. Especially since I have noticed that their tailored shirts start from just £125, and that they have no minimum order.

1 comment:

  1. An interesting insight. Like yourself, I usually get my shirts from TM Lewin, but they tend to shrink substantially around the collar, and quality of fabric is inconsistent, reflection of low price.

    I'll be sure to pop in to Ede & Ravenscroft next time I'm passing by.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to disagree, feel free to do so vehemently, but try do do so interestingly. Either way, kindly be polite.

Comments on posts more than 30 days old require moderation, but don't worry your message will appear as soon as I spot and approve it.

Comments that are really advertising or SEO-bait are mostly picked up by the automated spam filter but those that aren't will be deleted as soon as I see them.