Tuesday, 31 January 2012

Knitted waistcoats, and the finished POW jacket

At this time of year, I'm always on the lookout for decent knitwear. One of the designs I particularly like is a sleeveless wool cardigan, close-fitting, made of thin material and cut like a waistcoat so it can be worn under a suit or jacket. They're not an easy thing to find these days, despite featuring prominently in the recent TV series 'The Hour'.



I was delighted to find that Hackett offer just such a thing in a variety of colours, and even more delighted when I received one for Christmas. It goes well under my Donegal tweed suit, similar to the one Freddie Lyon wears in the tv series, but also with the (no longer) new prince of wales check jacket from Cad and the Dandy, which I realise I have still not shown off properly. So here it is, as worn to a weekend lunch in the city, with my knitted waistcoat from Hackett underneath for a little extra warmth.

2 comments:

Feel free to disagree, feel free to do so vehemently, but try do do so interestingly. Either way, kindly be polite.

Comments on posts more than 30 days old require moderation, but don't worry your message will appear as soon as I spot and approve it.

Comments that are really advertising or SEO-bait are mostly picked up by the automated spam filter but those that aren't will be deleted as soon as I see them.